Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hiatus . . . OVER!

So April did not bring any showers of Bedford St Gazelle postings. I've spent much of the last month and a half finishing three term papers (and revising a fourth), bringing me to a total of over 100 new pages of paper writing this semester. As in the past, I greatly regretted saving so much writing until the end. I had told myself this would never happen again. So why? Have I simply not learned my lesson? Is it just laziness or a more complex reoccurring pattern that makes me save so much paper writing for the end of the semester? This is a major question I'm trying to answer for myself this summer; it's part of a general question I'm asking myself about whether and in what ways is grad school inspiring me to write and to think. One hypothesis is that I don't write until the end of the semester because I keep waiting for a feeling that I really have something to say, and when an inspirational feeling doesn't strike me, it's up to deadlines to do the motivating.

No comments: